Q & A with Davis

Role:Spring 2011 Intern: Eco-tourism and finance
Nationality:USA
Where You Live:Hispania, the Intern Ship
Star Sign:Scorpio
Likes:English. Air Conditioning. The idea of roughing it…
Dislikes:The Mean, the Ignorant, and the Ugly.
Strengths:Glutes, calves, bi‘s, and abs.
Weaknesses:My tireless work ethic.
Odd Thought: I think we should learn a little more about Waldo before concentrating such efforts on finding him.
Most Anticipated Part of the Journey:Rainforest exploration
Favorite Creature:1.) Michael Vick. 2.) Chupacabra. 3.) Orca.
Must Have Item to Take to Panama:Money

Personal & Professional

Background

"Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Funny it seems, but by keeping its dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air. Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared." –Tupac Amaru Shakur

Motto:

Don‘t Blame Me, Blame My Mama.

Biography - Davis Mann

A 2008 Finance graduate from the University of Georgia, Davis hails from Newnan, Georgia, and is a new member of the Kalu Yala team. Studies abroad in Fiji and New Zealand presented the idea of business and environmental sustainability moving concurrently in even the most developed economies. This notion that economics and sustainability are not mutually exclusive has provided much food for thought, and indirectly it has landed him far from home and further from the mundane. A self-proclaimed expert in the field of nature programming, Davis purports to have studied more animal biology on the couch than he has any other subject in school. This said, he is excited to focus on Eco-tourism while with Kalu Yala, where the valley provides ample opportunity for the same kinds of activities that are often associated with Costa Rica. Also, holding a finance background, Davis has stated his willingness to contribute, if needed, to the corporate end of the project. Davis also boasts that he "…will sleep when he dies…" and asks that "…don‘t nobody, nobody, [mess] with his kitchen." -BURRRRR